White Plains Ski Club 2017-2018 Season at a Glance
Membership meetings take place at The Journal News, 1133 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY. Sandy Maguire will email around the access code before each meeting if you would like to join the meeting via a free-conference call. 1133 Westchester Ave is the last office building in White Plains on eastbound Westchester Avenue, just before the Hutchinson River Parkway. When you come up the entrance road, turn left to come to the front of the building. The Journal News entrance is on the right. There's a sign out front, and parking out front. If you arrive past 7:30 p.m., call Dave's cell - 914-217-5600 - and someone will let you in.
There will also be three official club meetings held up at the club’s lodge on Saturday, January 13, 2018 (MLK weekend), Saturday, February 17, 2018 (President’s weekend) and Saturday, March 17, 2018 (St. Patrick’s Day weekend). Anyone attending the lodge on those weekends is invited but not required to attend those meetings.
Club Officers 2017-2018
President David Wilson, 914-217-5600
Vice President Bill Haas, 914-497-3167
Treasurer Jean Duffy, 781-861-3925
Recording Secretary Noam Shoshan, 973-632-2665
Corresponding Secretary Pam Ferraro, 203-531-8492
Committee Chairpersons 2017-2018
Central Reservations Sandy Maguire, 914-248-5657
and Webmaster Sandy.email@example.com
Lodge David Stein, 207-790-1251
Membership Diane Steiker, 914-413-0218
Trip Leader Janine White, 203-247-6350
Dues and Fees
Single Single Family Family
Dues and Lodge Maintenance $100 $100 $200
Advance Trip Deposit (ATD) $160 $320 $320
Work Weekend Penalty $75 $75 $150
Initiation Fee $150 $150 $250
Mailing Membership Fee $10 $10 $10
Late Registration: after 12/1 $25 $25 $25
See WPSC website for more details. ATDs are an obligatory lodging expenditure and can only be used during the current year from 12/1/17 through 11/30/18. The deposits include 8 nights lodging for single and 16 nights for family memberships. ATDs are non-transferable and non-refundable. The initiation fee is non-refundable. Provisional and mailing members are not issued keyless access codes. All regular and provisional members are expected to attend a work weekend.
Ski Season (December 1st –
Off Season (
Any child under the age of 12 who does not take up a bed (e.g. stays with parents in twin room or stays with family of 5 in bunk room) pays $3. Members and Guests must bring their own linens and towels.
Adult Child (4 – 12 years)
Dinner (chef prepared) $12 $6
Breakfast $3 $3
Arrangements will be made to have dinner prepared by our chef whenever 15 or more adults are staying at the lodge during the ski season. Please refer to handbook rules regarding meals. Breakfast is mandatory on weekends and holiday weeks during ski season. Children 3 years and under eat for free.
The lodge is available year-round to members and their guests. In order to provide for maximum utilization and enjoyment of the lodge, the following procedures apply to all members:
1. Reservations will not be accepted unless all dues and fees have been paid in full. Please note that all room fees are due immediately after your stay at the lodge. Central Reservations will email the charges due.
2. Before going to the lodge, you must contact Central Reservations via email (preferred), phone, or at a meeting. You must also hear back from the reservations chairperson (via email, phone, or in person) that your reservation has been accepted before you go up to the lodge.
3. All reservations will be made in the order they are received. Once the lodge is filled, additional reservation requests will be added to the waiting list in the order they are received. Members take precedence over guests on the waiting list.
4. Guests during the ski season: a maximum of 5 guests may be signed up prior to the end of the day Tuesday preceding a regular weekend, or two Tuesdays before a holiday week / weekend. Guests are expected to follow all club rules. Any guests over the allowable 5 will go on the waitlist until the Wednesday morning prior to the regular weekend (2 Wednesdays prior to a holiday week/weekend).
5. Once the lodge capacity of 32 guests has been reached, additional reservation requests will be placed on a waiting list. Members on the waitlist will get priority over guests on the waitlist as spaces become available. As of Wednesday morning, if there are no members on the waitlist, guests on the waitlist get in as space permits. Also, as of Wednesday morning, if there is no one on the waitlist, it is first come, first served for members and guests alike for any available beds.)
6. Guests during the off-season: any member who wishes to bring up five or more guests must get approval from the President or Vice President and three additional board members.
7. Members must pay for their guests.
8. Cancellations must be made by Tuesday prior to a regularly scheduled weekend, and two Tuesdays prior to a holiday. If you cancel late and all beds are subsequently filled, your room fees will be returned; otherwise you will lose your room fees. In order to provide the lowest possible rates, it has been found necessary to apply these cancellation policies for all reasons, including sickness and auto trouble.
9. Individual rooms may be requested, but will be assigned at the discretion of Central Reservations.
10. Unrelated males and females may not be assigned to the same room.
11. Payment for breakfast is mandatory on weekends and holidays during the ski season. When a cook has been hired, dinner cancellations must be made 72 hours in advance (e.g., canceled by 8 pm Wednesday for upcoming weekend).
12. Children under age 12 must room with parents. If four beds are filled by a family in a room, an additional family member under 12 may sleep on the floor. The fee will be $3 per night for this child.
13. Two-day weekends cannot be broken up. Three-day weekends cannot be broken up until the Tuesday prior to the weekend.
14. Holidays: once dues and ATD’s are paid in the Fall, members will be allowed to sign up for only one holiday period before Dec. 1. If members wish to reserve additional holiday periods, they will be put on the waitlist for those additional dates. After December 1st, they will be put on the reserved bed list as space allows. Holiday periods include Christmas and New Year’s week and the weekends before and after, Martin Luther King weekend, Presidents’ weekend and the week and weekend that follow.