White Plains Ski Club 2019-2020 Season at a Glance
Membership Meetings - Our first membership meeting of the season is this coming Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 7 pm. Once again, Dave Wilson is graciously hosting the meetings at his workplace, at The Journal News, 1133 Westchester Ave, White Plains, NY. When you get there, call Dave Wilson on his cell, 914-217-5600 and he will come and open the door for you. If you cannot attend in person, you can join a conference call by dialing 712-832-8330 - enter access code 7257425#. Also, if you would like to call in from your computer, enter hello.freeconference.com/conf/call/7257425 in your browser.
All members are required to call into or attend TWO meetings per year to be considered in good standing.
Tuesday, Oct. 8, 7 pm membership meeting
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 7 pm membership meeting
Dec ? - Welcome to Winter party (counts as a membership meeting)
Tuesday, Jan 14, 7 pm membership meeting
Saturday Jan 18, MLK, membership meeting at lodge
Tuesday Feb 11, 7 pm membership meeting
Sunday Feb 16, Pres. Day, membership meeting at lodge
Tuesday Mar 10, 7 pm membership meeting
Saturday Mar 14, St. Pats. Day, membership meeting at lodge
Tuesday Mar 24, 7 pm membership meeting
Tuesday Apr 14, 7 pm membership meeting
Anyone attending the lodge on the meeting weekends is invited but not required to attend those meetings.
Club Officers 2019-2020
President Mark Duffy, 781-572-1250
Vice President Noam Shoshan, 973-632-2665
Treasurer Jean Duffy, 781-710-2623
Recording Secretary Deb Calloway, 860-810-3407
Corresponding Secretary Pam Ferraro, 203-531-8492
Committee Chairpersons 2019-2020
Central Reservations Sandy Maguire, 914-248-5657
and Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodge David Stein, 207-790-1251
Membership Patty DeCuffa, 914-523-7972
Trip Leader Kathleen Durkin, 617-461-7609
Ex-Officio David Wilson, 914-217-5600
Dues and Fees
Single Single Family Family
Dues and Lodge Maintenance $100 $100 $200
Advance Trip Deposit (ATD) $160 $320 $320
Work Weekend Penalty $75 $75 $150
Initiation Fee $150 $150 $250
Mailing Membership Fee $10 $10 $10
Late Registration: after 12/1 $25 $25 $25
See WPSC website for more details. ATDs are an obligatory lodging expenditure and can only be used during the current year from 12/1/19 through 11/30/20. The deposits include 8 nights lodging for single and 16 nights for single family & family memberships. ATDs are non-transferable and non-refundable. The initiation fee is non-refundable. Provisional and mailing members are not issued keyless access codes. All regular and provisional members are expected to attend a work weekend.
Ski Season (December 1st – MRG Closing Day) $20 $30
Off Season (MRG Closing Day – November 30th) $10 $15
Any child under the age of 12 who does not take up a bed (e.g. stays with parents in twin room or stays with family of 5 in bunk room) pays $3. Members and Guests must bring their own linens and towels.
Adult Child (4 – 12 years)
Dinner (chef prepared) $15 $7.50
Breakfast $3 $3
Arrangements will be made to have dinner prepared by our chef whenever 12 or more adults are staying at the lodge during the ski season. Please refer to Handbook rules regarding meals. Breakfast is mandatory on weekends and holiday weeks during ski season. Children 3 years and under eat for free.
The lodge is available year-round to members and their guests. In order to provide for maximum utilization and enjoyment of the lodge, the following procedures apply to all members:
4. Guests during the ski season: a maximum of 5 guests may be signed up prior to the end of the day Tuesday preceding a regular weekend, or two Tuesdays before a holiday week / weekend. Guests are expected to follow all club rules. Any guests over the allowable 5 will go on the waitlist until the Wednesday morning prior to the regular weekend (2 Wednesdays prior to a holiday week/weekend).
5. Once the lodge capacity of 32 guests has been reached, additional reservation requests will be placed on a waiting list. Members on the waitlist will get priority over guests on the waitlist as spaces become available. As of Wednesday morning, if there are no members on the waitlist, guests on the waitlist get in as space permits. Also, as of Wednesday morning, once the waitlist is cleared it is first come, first served for members and guests alike for any available beds.
6. Guests during the off-season: any member who wishes to bring up five or more guests must get approval from the President or Vice President and three additional board members.
7. Members must pay for their guests.
8. Cancellations must be made by Tuesday prior to a regularly scheduled weekend, and two Tuesdays prior to a holiday. If you cancel late and all beds are subsequently filled, your room fees will be returned; otherwise you will lose your room fees. In order to provide the lowest possible rates, it has been found necessary to apply these cancellation policies for all reasons, including sickness and auto trouble.
9. Individual rooms may be requested, but will be assigned at the discretion of Central Reservations.
10. Payment for breakfast is mandatory on weekends and holidays during the ski season. When a cook has been hired, dinner cancellations must be made 72 hours in advance (e.g., canceled by 8 pm Wednesday for upcoming weekend).
11. Children under age 12 must room with parents. If four beds are filled by a family in a room, an additional family member under 12 may sleep on the floor. The fee will be $3 per night for this child.
12. Weekends (both regular 2-day and holiday 3-day) cannot be broken up until the Wednesday morning prior to the weekend.
13. Holidays: once dues and ATD’s are paid in the Fall, members will be allowed to sign up for only one holiday period before Dec. 1. If members wish to reserve additional holiday periods, they will be put on the waitlist for those additional dates. After December 1st, they will be put on the reserved bed list as space allows. Holiday periods include Christmas and New Year’s week and the weekends before and after, Martin Luther King weekend, Presidents’ weekend and the week and weekend that follow.